Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ch-Ch-Changes

Life can change a lot in the blink of an eye and when I say the blink of an eye I mean like 4ish months because sometimes 4 months can feel as fast as the blink of an eye. Really my life has changed a lot more dramatically in the last year what with moving from the house I grew up in to starting college to making big decisions about majors and boyfriends but lets just focus on the last 4 months.

A few weeks after I got home my sister, who has been my best friend my entire life, got engaged and two week ago she got married. It's still sinking in. I feel like the adjustment has been a little easier for other people but it really didn't hit me until she walked up hand in hand with Brian minuets after they were married and all of a sudden it hit me, my sister just got married. I say that part with a lot of emphasis that is difficult to convey with the written word so you'll just have to imagine it. It just kind of all came at once that now I have an older brother who will always be there. I mean like growing up whenever Courtney had a boyfriend it was different because he wasn't permanent but really until the moment Courtney and Brian got married it didn't really sink in all the way that Brian was going to be with Courtney forever which (don't worry) I'm really happy about. I might've have not shown throughout the whole wedding planning how happy I was for them because I was stressed about pulling the whole thing off but I really am. I really really like Brian and I think he's perfect for Courtney and I'm so happy that he's my older brother now. He's even got his own nickname in my phone now which I assure you is only an honor reserved for special people.

My sister's new marital happiness made me start thinking about my own. Don't worry I'm not planning on getting married anytime soon, so not ready for that, but seeing how happy they are made me really excited to be that happy someday with my husband. I'm really excited for the day (but happy to patiently wait) I marry my best friend and someday after that start a family. I'm excited to have what my sister has, I mean I always knew that getting married would make me happy but it was just different seeing marriage from the perspective of watching my sister get married.

Now I'm back in Provo about to officially start my second year of college and I can't even believe how fast the summer went by. Really I'm still trying to realize how different life is now. When I was younger I couldn't wait to grow up but now I'd be nice to hang onto a few more years of childhood.

1 comment:

  1. Not mentioned in this post but also true, Kiki got a new nephew a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete